Goal 13: Action for the climate
What does SDG 13 pursue in Joinup?
The years between 2010 and 2020 were the warmest to ever have been recorded. This is most notably due to the levels of CO2 and other greenhouse gas emissions increasing to record levels in 2019.
How do we integrate SDG 13 in Joinup?
- We are aware that large part of the responsibility for the climate change lies in the urban development process. Poorly planned traffic, obsolete vehicles, indiscriminate and scarcely profitable use of private cars. This is why we at Joinup propose an urban mobility service “a la carte” for enterprises. Only make use of what you need.
- The Joinup car fleet is constantly including more electric or low emission vehicles.
- We are aware that each trip counts, and that’s why our clients may consult their carbon footprint in real time, to continue improving their environment impact.
Goal 9: Industry, Innovation and Infra-structures
What is the SDG 9 goal?
Innovation and technological progress are the keys to discover long-lasting solutions for environment challenges, like the increase in energy efficiency and resources. At world level, the investment in research and development (R&D), as percentage of the GDP went up from 1.5% in 2000 to 1.7% in 2015, and continued at almost the same level in 2017. In developing regions however it was less than1%.
How do we integrate SDG 9 in Joinup?
- – As an enterprise in the technological sector we accept our responsibility when it comes to implementing useful systems and which improve the lives of our clients.
- We want our technology to reach everyone.
- We work with a team of highly qualified experts who constantly improve the benefits of our multi-service app.
- Our technology should always be environment friendly and promote good practices in sustainable mobility.
Goal 8: Decent work and economic growth
What is the SDG 8 goal?
An inclusive and sustainable economic growth can promote progress, create decent work for all and improve living standards.
At global level the figures are not good: the International Labour Organisation reckons that almost half of all workers at world level are at risk of losing their livelihoods.
How do we integrate SDG 8 in Joinup?
- – We firmly believe that a job well done and our workers’ commitment should receive a fair remuneration.
- We only promote a fair job, starting with our fleet. Nobody at Joinup is treated like a tool.
- We know that our workers will never cease working to fulfil their responsibilities and that’s why we confide in them and give them the necessary freedom so they feel comfortable.
Goal 5: Gender equality
What is the SDG 5 goal ?
Gender equality is not only a fundamental human right but is one of the mainstays to build a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world.
Some progress has been achieved in the last decades, but there is still a path to cover.
How do we integrate SDG 5 in Joinup?
- – There are no genders for us. Our workers, our taxi drivers, our clients are always treated and respected equally.
- We implement conciliation policies for any worker. We know that harmonising personal and professional life is the key to happiness.
- – Women have the same possibilities of reaching positions of responsibility in our enterprise like any man. Our CEO is a woman!
Industry, Innovation and Infrastructures
Decent work and economic growth